Invisalign is one of the most modern methods of orthodontic treatment. This uses a series of clear and removable teeth aligners. Its use is similar with that of the traditional metal braces – to straighten crooked teeth.
If you have one of the following dental conditions, you can qualify for an Invisalign:
- Overcrowded teeth
- Crossbite (Misalignment)
- Gaps between teeth
Since the introduction of Invisalign in the medical field, it has continuously been compared to the traditional metal braces. They can be used based on the dental condition of the patient. If however, you are free to choose between the two, you can brainstorm over the factors that make these two dental tools different from one another.
- In terms of budget. Invisalign are cheaper compared to metal braces.
- Straightening the teeth. Metal braces are more effective because of the quick remedy. Invisalign has as much result except that it takes a longer time to have it maintained.
- Eating methods. Because Invisalign can be removed, you can eat whatever you want. With metal braces, you are deprived of many food types.
- Visibility. Braces may add and lessen one’s overall beauty. Invisalign simply makes the teeth appear whiter.
- Brushing methods. Invisalign gives you the freedom to brush and floss your teeth. Braces do not.
- Frequency of clinic visit. The frequency of visits to the dentist is almost the same for both methods. The only difference is in terms of delay.
Having an Invisalign can be of a few steps only.
- Get an Invisalign provider. This dental service provider should be able to offer a balance between cost and quality. It is important that you talk to them first. They will discuss with you what your dental problems are, if Invisalign is applicable to you and the importance of dental remedy. This is very important, as the doctor you have selected is also the same person you will consult and will take care of the condition of your teeth all throughout the duration of your treatment.
- Undergo dental procedures. On the initial visit, a model of your teeth will be taken through scanning into the computer.
- Start over your treatment plan. Every patient will have his own unique treatment plan. It will be based on the condition of his teeth. You will receive a BPA-free plastic of which you will be asked to change within a period of time. You will be asked to wear it at least 20 hours a day. Depending on the duration of your treatment, but this will result to you having an all-new smile later on.
How do you actually live with an Invisalign?
You might be wondering if it would be hard for you or a lot difficult than just using the traditional metal braces. Well, the answer is actually lies among the advantages of an Invisalign. It was designed to have minimal impact over that of metal braces. Invisalign is structured to be comfortable with the user. Here are the reasons why:
- It does not slow you down. Invisalign is removable. Therefore, you get to floss your teeth as much as you are capable of. You will also be handed over a cleaning kit.
- Normal eating habits. Remember with a metal brace? The first few days when it was installed makes you lose weight as you are deprived from eating. It is very painful. On top of that, you do not also deal with getting food stuck in your braces.
- You can continue to engage in activities of your nature. Brackets are a hindrance to your regular movements. With Invisalign, you get to do whatever you want without worrying about getting your brackets hit.
What are the health benefits that you can get with an Invisalign?
You may be able to achieve the following health improvements with Invisalign.
- Healthier dental condition. If you will not invest on orthodontic treatments such as Invisalign, you may develop swollen gums. This is a result of the dental problem that you have had. When your teeth achieve appropriate alignment, the gums are less likely to develop damage and they are more secure. The stronger the gums around the teeth are, the firmer are the defense mechanism to fight off harmful bacteria and the rest of the periodontal problems. Healthier dental condition is developed gradually. The progression of the betterment of your teeth is observed. This is because of the capacity of the Invisalign to gradually into proper position.
- Cleaner teeth. With an Invisalign, you get to remove the food that is trapped in between teeth. Once your teeth have been properly aligned, you get the chance to clean it more smoothly. There are no more edges. No more uneven points. You have an easier way of removing food that is stuck to it.
- Overall improved health condition. Your dental condition dictates your overall health condition as well. This is true both internally and externally. The external health condition can be observed by the cleanliness of your teeth when you converse with others. Internal health is your tendency to eliminate health problems because of poor dental health. For example, tooth decay and gum diseases if left untreated may cause ailments such as bad breath. Infections may be developed as well.
There it goes, it is now up to you to decide whether metal braces are still for you. You see, they are still used these days, continuously. If the following facts presented to you prove it to be appropriate for you, why not? After all, you will seek for medical aid prior to everything else. So the least you can do is have the best medical adviser, get into the best dental establishment that will provide you medical treatment in such manner that is as if they are taking care of their own.
The benefits you can get from an Invisalign are manifested not solely on a more magnificent smile. It is far beyond that. The health of the teeth is and gums are the health condition. Straight teeth are always part of the optimum health condition.
San Francisco Invisalign Dentists at Union Square Dental Practice, located in downtown San Francisco, have done hundreds of invisalign treatments successfully for patients residing in San Francisco bay area. Schedule your appointment today by calling or emailing us.